Tuesday 15 December 2009

It must be nearly Christmas!

I know this because most people I meet are rushing around with frantic looks on their faces. Plus I got a Tesco order last week and there were a fair few bottles in amongst the food. I've also been wrapping presents and sending cards to family and friends far and wide.

Yes, it's nearly Christmas!

It was very disappointing not being able to have our annual Carol Service at St. Helen's, but the Village Hall Committee came up trumps yet again. On Monday, 21st December the Village Hall will rock to the sound of carols being sung with great gusto and feeling. This will be followed by hot drinks and mince pies. But I don't think Santa's coming. Well, he'll be busy in elfland putting the finishing touches to all those little treasures kids will find under the tree on Christmas morning.

Wonder who services his sleigh!

There seems to be loads going on in our little corner of the world. Bernard will be accompanying revellers in Easington Square on Thursday night for a good carol singalong. Followed by refreshments at the White Horse. On Saturday the Withernsea Ladies Choir will be singing at Easington Community Centre, and on Monday we've got our Carol Service at the Village Hall.

And they say nothing happens around here.

Have you seen the tele schedule for Christmas? Hope you've put plenty of DVDs on your Christmas list. You're going to need them! There's obviously nothing happening in teleland over the holidays. Maybe all the Julie Andrews films have finally worn out.

There are two films I shall be watching on Christmas Day, if I manage to stay awake after my dinner and bottle of sparkling Pinot Noir. First off there's Kiss Me Kate with Howard Keel, Kathryn Grayson and Ann Miller, followed immediately by White Christmas. I've seen this film so many times, but it's always worth a look. Do you cry at the end when they open the doors and it's snowing? I do. Hope Santa remembers to bring me a box of tissues this year...

No comments: